“Poor Investigation”

“Poor Investigation”

I can guarantee throughout time there have been countless “poor investigations” into the death of #Blackmen across this country which has allowed #murders to get away with their #crimes. This count will continue growing until there is #transparency in #lawenforcement. Speaking specifically this is where I will continue to support the effort to change the “morals code” of those in law enforcement who carry a #badge or wear #uniform. Maybe if those who investigated the #investigation into the death of Keith W Warren and came to the conclusion it was a “poor investigation” would have come forward and support the family in getting the death certificate changed, then maybe there could have been some semblance of justice for Keith. The facts listed below came directly from the notes received from MCMPD in 2014:

1. Scene notes inadequate!
2. Evaluation of victim at scene not recorded
3. no interview of Lawson,Claudia witness who discovered
4. no interview of Duron who appears in crime scene
5. no supplemental reports (word not recognized…..)crime scene family interviews etc
6. notification and interview of mother not accompanied by investigator interview of information person on duty who assisted Leverett and notification and could collaborate statements by mother not accomplished*
7. notification to mother and her statements were not followed up on by Leverett but used
8. Investigator did not research victim’s residence for rope used in hanging
9. all interviews to the 4th of August revealed no one saw a reason for victim to take his life no
10. No cover up just a poor investigation

13 Comments

1. Willingtohelp 8 months ago

Sherri, do you believe that your brother’s murder was racially motivated?

• Author
      sherri 8 months ago

I believe the investigation into Keith’s death or lack of was because the white Detective put no value into the color of his skin and didnt want to be bothered with doing the leg work and paperwork.

• Willingtohelp 8 months ago

Thank you for your prompt response, Sherri. I’ve been following this case for many years and I very much believe this was a racially motivated lynching. What does Rodney Kendall think?

• Author
          sherri 8 months ago

Rodney has said in the past that this was a murder and not a suicide and believed the circumstances surrounding Keith’s death has everything to do with Keith’s social circle.

• Willingtohelp 8 months ago

Understood. Have you ever been in contact with the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC)?

• Author
            sherri 8 months ago

I believe my mom reached out to no avail. I have been told by several resources there really is no case and no legal argument I can take into court. In my heart I dont believe that to be true. There has to be a “Johnny Cochran” out there somewhere that can take the information I received in 2014 and bring the MCMPD into accountability for the lack of “investigation” into how Keith got on the tree which has allowed my brothers murders to live a full life and destroyed his.

2. Kendra 8 months ago

I just learned of Keith’s tragic death on the Case File podcast. What a shame that Montgomery County officials felt the need to remain rooted in their clearly erroneous beliefs and take a defensive stance rather than pursue the facts and uncover the truth. I wish you success and send support from Seattle.

• Author
      sherri 8 months ago

Thank you for your kind words. Please share Keith’s story with your social circle and keep his memory alive.

3. Tessa 5 months ago

I grew up in Mo Co. Just saw the program last night and vaguely recall this story when growing up. Had Det Beasley ever been interviewed? Have other complaints been made against him or his police work based off race? I’m what you’d call a Jr Sluth. I’ve been working on unsolved cases in my spare time for years. Murder/Crime is what I focus on. It’s very clear your brother was murdered. It’s also clear he was involved in something he possibly didn’t want to be with the car load of guys riding around looking for him as well as the friend who had the “accident” I believe the police/detective were also involved and once your brother stated he didn’t want to be part of it or he was possibly going to come forward about what he knew. It seems in this case whenever someone is going to talk they die. What park did this happen in? I ask because growing up near Sligo MS we had a lot of area’s we use to gather at, but only one park would we meet up at were people doing drugs etc. Has anyone ever figured out the significance of the drugs found in his system or who could have had access to them?? With the right attention and minds this case could be solved. I would like to post it to one of my sluthing sites with your permission of course and let them have a field day. Some great minds in that group. Thanks

• Author
      sherri 5 months ago

-Thank you for taking time to read up on Keith’s story. I believe it wasnt a park that mark was found on, Ill have to look it up and get back to you.

-My mothers team tried to find out about the chemicals but no one was able to give any reason why or how they got into the body.

– I welcomed any insight or help in bringing justice to Keith and accountability for my mom.

4. Tessa 5 months ago

BTW you can look at the full pics and see immediately this was not a suicide. Keith had no blood or anything coming from his mouth in any angle of the pics I saw. This screams he was hung up after he was murdered by IMO the drugs he was forced to inhale.

5. Melah 2 months ago

I just seen this story on Unsolved Mysteries and it made me so mad! My heart goes out to you and your beautiful mother who passed away knowing her child was murdered. I know it had to hurt her heart so bad SMH These negligent ignorant officers need to be punished for what they did. So disgusting that even in 2017 there is still no justice for black lives in this country. Continue your fight for justice. Your brother was murdered just like so many other black men who are murdered and their murderers aren’t help responsible because they’re white. So sorry for your loss! #BlackLivesMatter

• Author
      sherri 2 months ago

Thank you for your kind note. I will never give up the fight for justice and accountability in Keith’s death. Please share Keiths story with your social circle.